Join us for the next Information Worker Community Session on Tuesday 14th of May.
Please check the new times, JHB and DBN start at 16H00, CPT will start at 17H00
Lots of big changes this year within Information Worker.
- All IW regions will run on the same night, which is the 2nd Tuesday of every month. JHB, DBN and CPT
- IW DBN has being relaunched and will be held again at Microsoft DBN
- All sessions will be recorded and uploaded to the site after community night (June onwards)
- The New SP2013 IWSA site is almost completed!!! Watch this space for details over the next 2 months
- SharePoint Business Workshops runs independently of IWSA so please check the link for info
We welcome the inclusion of SQLCape on the same night as IWCPT. This provides users from both groups a platform to interact with each other during and after the sessions.
NOTE: SQLCape and IWCPT sessions will run side by side so choose your track upfront.
Session 1: TechEd 2013 Wrap Up. (CPT, DBN and JHB)
We have speakers from TechEd at JHB, DBN and CPT covering the sessions that were presented at TechEd this year.
These sessions include:
How to Build great Knowledge Management Portals to get the most out of the content you manage SharePoint Online
Administration in UI, PowerShell and the App Model
Overview of eDiscovery across the Office platform
SharePoint Server 2013 Upgrade Deep Dive
SharePoint Online Deployment and Migration Best Practices
Get ready to Yammer!
- What’s new in Office 2013
- Hybrid Overview: Connecting SharePoint 2013 On-premises to SharePoint Online in Office365
- What's new for Developers in Office and SharePoint 2013
- What’s new for WCM and Internet Sites in SharePoint 2013
- What's New in GeoFlow for Excel - a new way of exploring data and sharing insights
Session 2: RC (Governance, Risk Management and Controls), the often misunderstood and unsung hero. (DBN Only)
Senior Audit Manager
CIA, CISA, CCSA, CRMA
So come along to have a sneak at what was shown at TechEd this year. It’s a great list of topics that covers a broad range of concepts and what Microsoft deems important.
SharePoint Success Stories (Cape Town only)
Session 2: SharePoint Baby Steps – Each One Teach One (Naz Parker)
The approach to training and change management is paramount to the success of the solution. There’s a fine line between what business users say they want and understanding their needs. Clear objectives, scope and deliverables must be defined upfront, especially the understanding of the solution’s capabilities, management and ownership. This needs to be taught to people. This is the story of how the Sanlam Group Office business unit, along with IT, ensures its users adopt and get the most out of their SharePoint environment by managing training and defining roles.
Managing expectations and setting boundaries
Change champions - each one teach one!
Training - information overload vs. audience adapted
Ensuring correct usage - a practical acceptable usage policy
Providing solutions based on user maturity levels
Note: Not all sessions will be covered in every area as we cannot duplicate the speakers!!
Session 1: TBA
Tuesday 14th May 2013 from 17:00 till 19:00
Microsoft Cape Town Golf Park 3, Engen House, Raapenberg Road, Mowbray, 7925
Microsoft JHB 3012 William Nicol Drive, Bryanston, 2191
Microsoft DBN, Suite 210, Granada Square, 16 Chartwell Drive, Uhmlanga Rocks
Click here to Register